Looking to have a clean mirror? Does it look streaky, foggy or stained? Have you ever noticed that your mirrors are one of the first items in your house to get dirty? These lovely goods always seem to get streaks, dust, or fingerprints on them. How many times have you looked in the mirror to check your reflection just to be sidetracked by some marks?
Nothing may affect from the appearance of your home like a filthy mirror. It can make your bathroom look untidy, as well as the rest of your house. A clean mirror is one of those small elements that can make a big difference in your home. When you have a mirror that is polished and streak-free, it can better reflect light throughout your home, making everything appear brighter and larger. It’s remarkable how much of a difference a clean mirror can make in a room.
However, knowing how to clean a mirror properly isn’t always straightforward. You could end up with a dirty looking, streaky problem on your mirrors if you don’t use proper technique. There are various things you should avoid doing when cleaning your mirrors, including:
Applying solutions that aren’t designed for window or glass cleaning: If your mirrors and glass have a foggy appearance, you’re not using the correct cleaner. Anything labeled as a glass cleaner has specific ingredients that do not leave streaks.
Using a newspaper to clean your mirror: While using a newspaper to clean your mirror was previously a reliable method, the ink from modern-day papers can leave residue behind. Your mirror may get streaky as a result of this.
After a shower, some people believe that wiping steamy mirrors with a towel would remove all the dust and grime, but this will just make your mirror seem worse for wear. This is due to the fact that towels frequently leave dust behind. This method can leave streaks on your mirror if you don’t use a good glass cleaner.
Wiping your mirrors with a paper towel: Paper towels, unfortunately, can leave behind small dust particles. Rather, you’ll need a nice, lint-free fabric.
Here are the important steps on how you should clean mirror:
1. To have a clean mirror, start with the most strewn-about portion of the mirror. That includes toothpaste that has dried on, hair products, and other similar items. Pouring rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad and wiping away the filth is the easiest way to get rid of it. You may need to apply a lot of elbow grease to remove the buildup, but be careful not to scratch the mirror. Because rubbing alcohol dries quickly, it’s critical to work quickly. Consider this the pre-wash phase, which is akin to addressing stains on your garments before tossing them in the washer.
2. After that, spray your cleaning solution on the mirror. The key is not to go overboard – just a light mist would suffice. If you put too much on the mirror, it will drip, creating an even bigger mess for you to clean up.
3. After that, spray your cleaning solution on the mirror. The key is not to go overboard – just a light mist would suffice. If you put too much on the mirror, it will drip, creating an even bigger mess for you to clean up.
4. Wipe the cloth from the top, left-hand side of your mirror to the right. Wipe back to the left, but at a downward angle, without lifting your cloth. Continue wiping the mirror in this way until you reach the bottom. It should be in a zig zag or Z pattern to make it simple to follow. Remember that if your microfiber cloth accumulates too much dust or solution, you can fold it again and use a dryer and cleaner corner.
5. Finally, examine your mirror from various angles to see if any stains or streaks are visible. Using the clean side of your microfiber cloth and a little cleaning solution, buff these out. However, do not re-apply the solution to the mirror at this point. Instead, spritz it on your cloth and gently wipe away the streak with it. In order to have a clean mirror, make sure you followed the above steps.
This method can be applied to any mirror or glass in your home. It should last a long time and keep your windows streak-free. Better hire a professional cleaning company to do the cleaning for you! We at Routine Cleaning can definitely assist you. Feel free to reach out at 240-312-8585 or book directly on our website. We service Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia.
Routine Cleaning and Sanitation Blog
House Cleaning Tips and Tricks to keep your home cleanGET UPDATES Subscribe now to get the latest update on our pricing and discounts.
Routine Cleaning and Sanitation Blog
House Cleaning Tips and Tricks to keep your home cleanGET UPDATES No charge. Unsubscribe anytime.