Service Supplier Agreement and Terms and Conditions of Use (“Agreement”)
As used in this Agreement:
- The terms “we”, “us”, “our”, “Routine Cleaning and Sanitation” and “RC” refer to Routine Cleaning and Sanitation, a cleaning company based in the State of Maryland, and/or subsidiaries and/or related business entities;
- “Service” means any residential and commercial cleaning duties and responsibilities that includes room cleaning, kitchen cleaning, bathroom or toilet cleaning, wiping, windows washing, laundry, dusting and other related services that are within your capabilities.
- “Website” refers to routinecleaningandsanitation.com;
- The terms “you”, “your”, and “Service Supplier” refer to you individually and/or as a representative of any person or entity of any kind that advertises Service through the Website or provides Services on referrals from RC;
- “Customers” refers to individuals who access and/or use the Website to locate Service suppliers to purchase Service in connection with residential and commercial cleaning and sanitation, and individuals otherwise referred to you by RC for Service;
- The “Supplier Portal” is portion of the Website that you access/use to manage your RC account;
- “Hourly Service Charges”. All charges for Hourly Service are based on time, which shall be computed by multiplying the applicable hourly rate by the amount of time required to provide Service. For the purpose of calculating charges due, fractions of an hour are treated as follows:
Time Required is 15 Minutes or Less: A charge shall be for one quarter of an hour.
Time Required is more than 15 but less than 30 Minutes: A charge shall be for one half hour.
Time Required is more than 30 but less than 45 Minutes: A charge shall be for three quarters of an hour.
Time Required is more than 45 minutes but less than or Equal to 60 Minutes: A charge shall be for one hour.
All Flat rate charges are honored at the previously agreed upon amount. Any and all changes shall be communicated directly with RC, failure to do so may result in removal from network.
- “Terms and Conditions” means all the terms, conditions, rules and provisions in this Agreement and all additional terms, conditions, rules and provisions contained in the Website, in forms you complete at our direction and in documents we issue in connection with your provision of Service (collectively referred to as “Additional Terms”), all of which Additional Terms are incorporated herein and made part of this Agreement by this reference. Other terms are defined as needed throughout this Agreement.
You are only permitted to access and/or use the Supplier Portal to manage your account and offer Service to Customers. This Agreement governs your access to and/or use of the Website for that purpose. In consideration of being permitted such access to and/or use of the Website, and for other good and valuable consideration, the adequacy of which you and we hereby acknowledge, you and we agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Each time you access or use the Supplier portal and each time you agree to provide Service to a Customer you reaffirm your complete agreement to the Terms and Conditions, including your agreement to change(s) or modification(s) to the Terms and Conditions that we make between times that you access or use the Supplier Portal or agree to provide Service. You agree that we have the absolute and exclusive right to make change(s) or modification(s) to the Terms and Conditions, in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you.
If there are any Terms and Conditions that you do not wish to observe or be bound by in the future, please do not access or use the Supplier Portal again.
You agree to check the Terms and Conditions regularly to ensure that you are complying with any change(s) or modification(s) that we make to them.
How the Website Works:
Using the Supplier Portal, you supply us, directly or through other sources, with such data and information about you and your Service (“Your Information”) as we require in the format(s) and through the method(s) that we specify. We display such of Your Information in the Website as we in our complete discretion decide to display, along with any Customer’s ratings or comments on your Service (“Your Displayed Information”). You warrant that all of Your Information is true, accurate, current and complete. We have the absolute right to refuse to display Your Information and to delete some or all of Your Displayed Information from the Website at any time, for any reason or no reason at all.
Customers who access and/or use the Website and whose Service needs and circumstances (“needs”) match up with Your Displayed Information are permitted to view a screen in the Website that includes Your Displayed Information, as well as information about other Service suppliers whose Service matches the Customer’s Service needs. Customers decide which Service suppliers to choose based on the matches between their Service needs and the Service offered, and on ratings or comments of other Customers. We in our absolute discretion decide the order in which information about Service suppliers is displayed.
Some Customers purchase Service on-line through the Website; others are referred to you by us. Customers estimate Service that they require (“Estimated Service”). We collect the charges for Estimated Service. You notify us of any Service provided in addition to Estimated Service (“Additional Service”) and record Additional Service on a “Service Receipt” that we issue. We collect any charges for Additional Service. You upload the “Service Receipt” through the Supplier Portal to obtain payment into your account for your Service you provide, less a fee we charge as explained below.
Customer Ratings and Comments:
Customers are encouraged to submit content to the Website by electronic mail, postings or otherwise, including ratings, reviews and comments regarding Service that they purchase and suppliers from whom they purchase and receive Service (“ratings and comments”). We believe that ratings and comments are provide valuable information to help Customers make informed decisions to purchase Service. We possess rights to use such ratings and comments and Customer’s names in connection with such ratings and comments. You agree that you have no such rights at all and you will not attempt to gain such rights through any means. You agree further that you will do nothing to improperly influence Customer’s ratings and comments for any purpose in connection with the promotion of your business, or make any attempt in any way to contact Customers regarding ratings of or comments about you or your Service that you regard as negative. We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to determine which ratings and comments are published or, once published, allowed to remain on the Website. You agree that your only recourse and remedy regarding Customer’s ratings and/or comments about you or your Service that you regard as negative is to so advise us in writing.
RC is the sole owner of the Website and all content, information and software included in, downloadable form, or accessible through the Website (“content”). In this connection, “software” includes but is not limited to infrastructure used to provide such content. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any content. You specifically agree, further, (1) not to access, monitor or copy any content using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission; (2) violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the Website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Website; (3) take any actions that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or (4) deep-link to any portion of the Website for any purpose, or “frame” , “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of the Website into any other Website without our prior written authorization. Access to or use of the Website conveys no rights of ownership or license whatsoever in or to you.
We will use reasonable efforts to make the Website available for access through the World Wide Web. However, we are not responsible for unavailability of the Website for any reason, including, but not limited to, periodic downtime for maintenance, backup, acts of God, and other circumstances beyond our control that are a normal part of Internet business, and we may at any time in our absolute discretion suspend or discontinue the Website for any reason or no reason at all. We do not promise or guarantee in any way, to any extent that any Customers will see Your Displayed Information or purchase any Service from you.
RC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT FOR ANY PURPOSE, AND THE INCLUSION OR OFFERING OF ANY SERVICE ON THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION OF SUCH SERVICE BY RC. THE WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. RC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, ITS SERVERS OR ANY EMAIL SENT FROM RC ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. RC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL RC BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST SALES OR PROFIT, LOST DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT COSTS, EVEN IF YOU NOTIFY US IN ADVANCE OF A POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OR ATTRIBUTABLE TO YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE.
Your access to and/or use of the Supplier Portal and content, and your performance of this Agreement will result in our disclosing to you or your learning of certain data and/or information that is proprietary and confidential that is our Confidential Information. For purposes of this Agreement, “Confidential Information” shall include but not be limited to any and all non-public information disclosed to or learned by you concerning our business and/or operations, computer hardware and software and other information technology; specifications, processes, procedures and manuals; marketing/business/financial data, information and plans; and information and/or data regarding Customers.
Use of Confidential Information:
Confidential Information shall be used solely for the purpose of providing Service to Customers and in performance of this Agreement. You shall treat Confidential Information that you receive or learn of with the same level of care against unauthorized disclosure as you treat like information of your own, and in all events at least with reasonable care against unauthorized disclosure.
Non-Use/Disclosure of Confidential Information:
Confidential Information shall be received by you in confidence and not disclosed to any person or entity or used by you for any purpose except as expressly permitted in this Agreement without our written consent; provided, however, that you may disclose Confidential Information to those of your employees or advisors who have a need to know such information, subject to all the terms of this Agreement.
You acknowledge that we expend considerable money and effort developing and maintaining the Website, content and Customers and warrant and agree that you shall not at any time, in any way solicit sale of Service to Customers or in any way start or participate in the development of a business substantially similar to the business we operate through the Website for a period of two (2) years after termination of this Agreement.
You assure us that you: (1) have and shall maintain the experience, skill, knowledge, equipment, personnel, financial stability, and any license, authority, bond and insurance, if any, necessary to perform Service, that you are in good standing with your State of domicile, and that you have the authority and unfettered right to enter into this Agreement; (2) specifically authorize us to conduct such investigation(s) (e.g., background and credit checks) as necessary to confirm these assurances; (3) agree to work with us in good faith to resolve any disputes/issues between you and us and, if necessary, to arbitrate any and all disputes/issues through the Better Business Bureau of Maryland, via personal appearance or teleconference; and (4) acknowledge that this Agreement is non-exclusive and not assignable by you.
You agree to indemnify RC for and hold RC harmless from and against any claims, suits, threats, demands, settlements, actions, causes of action, liabilities, obligations and all other matters, including but not limited to court costs, attorney fees, witness fees, settlement fees, fine or penalties, and all other direct and indirect expenses and losses that may occur arising from your breach of any of the representations and warranties that you have made to us or any of the Terms and Conditions, any violation of any law in the provision of Service, or otherwise arising directly or indirectly from your access to or use of the Website or the Service you offer and/or provide.
Contracts to provide Service are solely and strictly between you and Customers. Therefore, you have complete responsibility for clearly communicating all terms, conditions, rates and charges for Service to Customers, and for settling all disputes, including but not limited to claims for loss of or damage to Customer’s goods and/or property, with Customers regarding Service, without involving us.
Electronic funds transfer (EFT) is one of our preferred methods of payment to suppliers for Service. EFT eventually will be the only way to receive payment for Service. To permit EFT payment, you must provide us with information identifying a bank account and authority to make deposits into such account (Your Bank Account). We will establish an account in our systems from which we will transfer monies to Your Bank Account (Your RC Account).
Other payment methods (available only at the discretion of RC) are also applicable where necessary.
Fee(s) and Other Costs:
Payments to you for Service provided by you to Customers will be an amount that is seventy percent (70%) of the total amount for Service that represents your rates and charges for Service. Payment will be made to you for Service after you upload the “Service Receipt” to the Supplier Portal. You agree that we have the right to offset monies otherwise owed to you for Service against any monies that you owe to us, including, but not limited, monies we pay to Customers in settlement of disputes that you do not resolve, and any payments we are required to make to Customers who successfully protest and receive charge backs for credit or debit card transactions for Service after we have paid you for such Service.
This Agreement and its Terms and Conditions are the entire agreement between you and us regarding the Website, your access to and/or use of the Supplier Portal and Service that you provide to Customers. If there shall be any contradiction or inconsistency between this Agreement and its Terms and Conditions and any other agreement for Hourly Service between you and us, this Agreement and its Terms and Conditions will control with regard to all Service you provide to Customers under contracts between you and them, and any other agreement for Service between you and us shall control with regard to any Service you provide to Customers.
This Agreement shall be effective when you first enter the Supplier Portal and shall continue in effect until it is terminated by you or us through deletion of Your Information and Your RC Account. Any liabilities and/or duties we have to you or you have to us that arise during the term of this Agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement.
This Agreement and your use of the Supplier Portal of the Website is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of Maryland, excluding conflict of law provisions. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Agreement, or a portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision and the rest of this Agreement shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible. If a dispute or issue between us cannot be arbitrated for any reason, any resulting cause of action with respect to us or this Agreement must be instituted within one year after the claim or cause of action arises or be barred forever, and must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within Maryland. In no event will RC be liable to you for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of data or any other pecuniary loss). This Agreement may not be changed or modified without the written consent of RC. No course of conduct between the parties, trade practice or any oral representations, statements or promises shall act to modify any of these of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. The failure of RC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement or the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. In any dispute between RC and you relating to this Agreement, the Terms and Conditions, the Website, the Supplier Portal or Service you provide to Customers, the prevailing party will be entitled to attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses. Headings used in this Agreement are provided for convenience only and shall not be used to construe meaning or intent.
Terms and Conditions
By placing an order in-person, over the phone or by email, customers agree to the following Terms & Conditions set by ‘Routine Cleaning and Sanitation LLC (RC)’:
Customers agree to the following RC Terms & Conditions when placing an order over the phone or via email:
I. Regular Standard Cleaning
- RC fees are payable by the client monthly (can be weekly or every two weeks based on frequency) after our cleaners visited the area. It should be paid by card within 24 hours after cleaning service.
- RC reserves the right to suspend regular cleaning services if there is any sort of violence, maltreatment to our cleaners. We have the right not to accept future appointments if the customer failed to pay the amount after the cleaning service. Their account will be suspended.
- RC agrees to provide a task list as well as the list of all cleaning detergents and equipment (vacuum cleaner, mop, bucket and portable ladder) required to carry out the service if requested by the customer, unless other arrangements have been made with RC. Any cleaning equipment supplied by the customer should be safe and functional.
- Charges may apply if keys must be collected from a place outside the postal code area.
- RC will not be held responsible for any alarm systems. Customers should give any special instructions for deactivation/activation of any household alarm systems.
- All Regular Cleaning Services have a one-month minimum contract period.
- All of the cleaners who have registered with us and are working on our behalf have been thoroughly checked, including a personal interview and checking of reference and employment history.
- The client must allow our cleaners to access hot water and power.
- By entering under these terms and conditions, customers are not allowed to contact the cleaners personally to provide the cleaning service. All sorts of communication including change of schedule, payment concerns and other relevant concerns must be made via our office phone number.
- All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. Cash, sentimental objects, art, and antiques are all excluded from liability.
- The insurance coverage is subject to a number of additional terms and conditions, which can be obtained from RC. Bleach-related damage is not covered. If the Client has not paid the RC charge in line with the terms and circumstances of this agreement, RC will not provide for the insurance mentioned. In this provision, an insurance policy taken out by the Client may nullify the insurance policy, and even any loss will only be reimbursed under the Client’s policy.
II. Deep Cleaning/ Move In & Out Cleaning/ Heavy Duty Deep Cleaning
- Should the client’s original requirements change, RC reserves the right to adjust the initial quotation.
- If keys must be collected from a location outside of the local region, a transportation fee will be charged.
- The Client must allow the cleaner access to hot water and power.
- RC shall not be held liable if any alarm systems are activated. Any special instructions for deactivation/activation of any residential alarm systems should be provided by the customer.
- Unless the customer wants to offer their own cleaning detergents and equipment (vacuum cleaner, mop, bucket, and portable ladder), RC’ will provide all cleaning detergents and equipment required to complete the service.
- The sales advisors can only give a rough estimate of the duration of the cleaning service, which is based on a basic description of the customer’s house. Please note that duration may vary therefore a degree of flexibility is required.
- All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. Items excluded from liability are: cash, items of sentimental value, art and antiques.
- In case of a complaint, RC requires to be notified within 24 hours after completion of the cleaning work.
- Payment is requested on completion on the day of the cleaning session.
- Payment can be made with debit or credit card via an app. RC’ will not share the customer’s card details with a third party.
- If payment is not received within 30 days of the invoice date, the account will be turned over to our collections agency, who will add a 15% charge to the debt on top of the original invoice due date. As part of this contract, you agree to pay this amount, which represents our fair collection charges.
C. Complaints and Claims
- Poor service, breakage/damage, or theft must be reported within 24 hours of the service date, and the consumer accepts and understands this. If this is not done, the customer will be entitled to no refunds or recovery cleanings.
- The customer or his/her representative may be required to be present at the start and finish of the cleaning session so that an inspection can be conducted and any necessary changes can be made on the same day.
- RC may take up to 7 working days to respond to a complaint.
- Complaints are accepted verbally over the phone and in writing (letter, email or fax). Complaints must be reported on completion or in the following 24-hour period.
- All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. Items excluded from liability are: cash, jewelry, items of sentimental value (the customer will be credited with the items present cash value), art and antiques.
- Key replacement/locksmith fees are paid only if keys are lost by our operatives. There is a $30 per household liability limit.
- RC agrees to keep all customers’ information confidential.
- In case of damage RC will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired RC will rectify the problem by crediting the customer with the item’s present actual cash value toward a like replacement from a RC’s source upon payment of cleaning services rendered.
- RC has liability insurance. The policy will cover any accidental damages caused by an operator working on behalf of RC’, reported within 24 hours of service date.
- RC reserves the right to refuse to share any of the confidential company’s documents.
E. Customer Satisfaction
- Customer acknowledges that he/she is not entitled to any refunds.
- If the customer is not completely satisfied with a cleaning job, RC will re-clean any areas and items to customer’s satisfaction. Therefore the customer must allow the cleaner to be returned.
- Customers may be present at all times during the recovery-clean. RC reserves the right not to return a cleaner more than once.
- RC reserves the rights not to be liable for:
- Completing tasks which are not on our cleaning checklist.
- Cleaning jobs are not complete due to the lack of suitable cleaning detergents and/or equipment in full working order, hot water or power.
- Third party entering or present at the customer’s premises during the cleaning process.
- Wear or discoloration of fabric becomes more visible once dirt has been removed.
- Existing damage or spillage that cannot be cleaned/removed completely using provided by the customer cleaning detergents and equipment.
- Any damages caused by a faulty or not in full working order detergents/equipment supplied by the customer.
- If the customer has got items which need special cleaning methods and special cleaning detergents, RC reserves the right to refuse the provision of the cleaning detergents.
I. Regular Standard Cleaning
- Customers may cancel or adjust the time of a cleaning visit/s by giving at least 24 hours advance notice.
- Customer agrees to pay up to the full price of a cleaning visit if the customer cancels or changes the date/time less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. (Left to RC discretion on cancellation percentage. Cancellations without prior notification are inconvenient to staff and we may not have a way to fill the vacancy on such short notice.)
- Customer agrees to pay up to the full price of the cleaning visit in the event of a lock-out caused by our cleaners being turned away; no one home to let them in; or problem with customer’s keys.
- Customers may terminate the cleaning service by giving 4 weeks (28 days) advanced notice in writing and specifying the last cleaning date and giving reason.
- If the client choose weekly/bi-weekly/monthly and does not go through with second appointment with Routine Cleaning and Sanitation, the discounted amount for the initial cleaning will be deducted from the card on file. Consequently all recurring cleanings after the second cleaning will be subsequent to cancellation charges.
H. After Cancellation of the Service
By entering into a service agreement with RC, the customer agrees that after the termination of the cleaning service he/she will not hire or use any services provided by a present or past cleaner introduced to the customer by RC. If the customer wishes to hire or use cleaning services provided by such a cleaner then he/she must pay a referral fee of $250.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the relevant United States Law, and by agreeing to be bound by them the customer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant courts of the United States.
RC reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these terms and conditions without giving any prior notice. Should any of the above clauses change all existing customers will be notified. Please check this website for updates.